The position of QE manager within the Fluiconnecto organization is one of the key positions within the organisation to ensure safe and reliable operations in combination with safe use of our products throughout the whole life cycle. Fluiconnecto has grown tremendously over the past few years, both organically and by acquisitions, and its future outlook is very positive. Also, in 2021 organic growth is within the double digits.
To support further growth and to ensure sustainable profitability, the safety of our employees and customers, the reliability of our products is our main focus. The QE Manager is contribution to reach these goals.
The QE Manager will be a mid-career experienced employee with a drive for improvement by challenging the status quo, and with the ability to define, standardize and implement improvement projects within the QE department and beyond among the retail network of Benelux. He/she must be a self-starter, creating clear and ambitious improvement plans that fit within the overall company strategy adhering to the corporate quality strategy. He/she has the ability to work independently although highly relying on the team to implement and follow the defined processes and compliance to them. Alignment with others will come as a natural behaviour for this person, as well as easily connecting to all layers of the organization (from shop floor to management team). The QE manager has experience in a technical environment and is able to guide and coach throughout the whole organisation. He/she has proven experience in leading a (project-) team, facilitating them and has the natural habit to reach the defined goals by the team, stimulating them to a higher level. The leadership style can be described as coach – facilitator and persistent in compliance to the set rules and regulations.
- Create insight in current Q-level and develop improvement plan accordingly
- Monitoring SHE-level and support improvement plan accordingly
- Supervise and lead in design processes & machinery, plan and develop projects, and oversee production and quality control.
- Establish process procedures, and standards
- Define mandatory QE items within the BNL organisation, create a calendar and follow up on the adherence to this
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to measure the status of QE related subjects, several of them are yet defined
- Develop and implement drivers to measure First Time Right and rework
- Lead and coach QE team (current 1 FTE – plans to increase team to 2 FTE)
- Follow up on customer complains; communication with both the customer and the FLC team to reach mutual understanding of the root cause, using problem solving methods like PDCA / 8D
- Dealing with, assessing and handling complaints from internal process rejects
- Dealing with, assessing and handling complaints from the incoming goods (CENTRAL HUB) and with relevant suppliers
- Be the driving force in both external and internal audits; ISO / Safety / Quality / etc
- Be the driving force to frequently assess and measure the capabilities within the workforce and define together with the department manager a plan to improve e.g., coach and train to improve
- Improvement of product quality and costs of specials
Concrete improvements that need to be implemented are:
- Reduction of customer complains
- Investigate current production process and create improvement plan to outsource them in the most cost-effective way
- Define overall QE strategy
- Be part of new ERP program implementation team
Objectives of the position
- Create clear insight in current QE status and define plan to improve
- Create clear communication lines to customers, Benelux organisation and global Quality & Technical director
- Develop overall safety and quality awareness and be persistent towards stakeholders to comply
- Hierarchical Reporting line: to the Operations Manager BNL
- Functional Reporting line: to the Group Quality & Technical director
- Direct reports: QA inspector ()
Main jobs and tasks:
- Manage quality complains and define and follow up on the actions defined to solve them
- Define data driven improvement projects for optimalisation of quality among the full retail network of Benelux
- Define and implement improvement plans for safety (HSE)
- Encourage and promote a continuous improvement mindset standardizing the hose assembling procedures among the full retail network of Benelux
- Work with other relevant functions (e.g. Procurement, Planning and Warehousing) to develop and improve the overall quality and safety
- Process Quality management; People management, Engineering management , Safety management ()
- Significant experience in at least 2 of the previously mentioned fields
- Educational background in Quality management, Safety management or Business administration or equal proven experience
- Experience with executing multidisciplinary projects; both small shopfloor projects to more complex- multi-disciplinary
- Experience with creating project and implementation plans (time, budget, resource, dependencies etc.)
- Ability to influence stakeholders and decision makers, at all levels of the organization
- Experience in working with different cultures
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment
- Ability to motivate and build teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Graduate in Safety and quality management / Business administration disciplines or proven equivalent background
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a QE manager role, with a focus on the technical production process
- Experience in an international environment
- Proven ability to implement (complex) projects successfully
- Proven successful in leading cultural changes and working with different cultures
- Computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point, D365 and/or Access) to analyse data and trends.
Fluiconnecto is a leading international service organization, focused on high pressure fluid connectors, providing products and application knowledge, as well as maintenance services, from OEM to End-Users in all market segments, through a global network tailored to local conditions. Fluiconnecto’ s services are made available at the customer’s doorstep in 5 continents, through a network of OEM Assembly Plants, Hydro-shops, On-site Workshops and Service On-site Vans.
Fluiconnecto is a young company with ambitious goals, and it has created an environment in which energetic, highly professional resources can develop their full potential. Fluiconnecto has more than 1.500 employees worldwide who share a passion for the engineering business and who strive to become the best at what they prefer to do.